The OTC Early Childhood Education Center is a facility licensed through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services for children ages 2 to 5. Our center serves OTC students, faculty and staff as well as the Springfield community.
The center is accredited through the Missouri Accreditation of Programs for Children and Youth and features experienced teachers with professional backgrounds in Early Childhood Education or Child Development. As our center is also a training facility for the college’s Early Childhood Development program, students help maintain a low child to teacher ratio.
The center has four classrooms, each staffed by two full-time teachers. Each classroom at the center provides developmentally appropriate activities that encourage and stimulate the cognitive, creative, emotional, social and physical development of each child in a safe, secure and nurturing atmosphere.
The classrooms offer activities such as cooking, music, art, large and small group activities, problem solving and field trips. Indoor and outdoor experiences enhance large and small muscle development and coordination. Teachers guide children in appropriate social interaction that helps to promote self-confidence in relationships.
Families are encouraged to participate in their child’s learning experience by volunteering to participate in classroom activities, classroom visits and parent-teacher meetings.
Why should you choose the OTC Early Childhood Education Center for your child?
- Enrollment is for children ages 2-5
- Full time lead teachers and assistant teachers have formal education in early childhood development.
- All staff are CPR and First Aid certified.
- The center is a training facility for OTC students studying early childhood development. This helps keep the teacher/child ratio low.
- The center is open Monday-Friday during the OTC fall and spring semesters.
- Hours of operation are 7:15 am – 5:30 pm.
- The center is licensed by the MO Dept of Health and Senior Services.
- The center is accredited by Missouri Accreditation of Programs for Children & Youth.
- We participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- The center provides breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack.
- The center offers a researched based, developmentally appropriate curriculum called Project Construct. Project Construct is one of four early childhood curriculums approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Full time and part time scheduling is available.
- The center accepts payment from the MO Family Support Division.
- The center does have a waiting list for enrollment of 6 months to 1 year.