It is the student’s responsibility to understand and follow college traffic regulations. Maps of the parking area are available at the Safety and Security department located in the Information Commons. For additional information regarding parking and traffic regulations, contact the Safety and Security, 417-447-6911.
Motor Vehicle Registration
Any person who drives a car, truck, motorcycle or moped on campus and is associated with the college must register the vehicle regardless of its ownership.
Vehicle Registration Form
Campus Traffic Regulations
All operators of motor vehicles are subject to college traffic regulations while on campus. Drivers must be in possession of their valid operator’s license at all times.
All vehicular accidents must be reported promptly to the Safety and Security department. The responsibility of finding a legal parking space, which is between two yellow lines, rests with the motor vehicle operator. Lack of space is not an excuse for violation of parking regulations.
Violations of the Code
- Parking in a Restricted Parking Lot or Zone
- Parking in a Handicapped Parking zone without a Proper Handicapped Decal or License Plate Displayed
- Parking on Grass
- Blocking any Legally Parked Vehicle
- Not Displaying a Current Parking Tag
- Parking in a “No Parking” Zone
- Parking in other Restricted Zone
Parking against the Traffic Flow
- Reckless Driving
- Blocking or Obstructing Traffic, Street, Crosswalk, Sidewalk, Fire Hydrant, Building Entrance or Exit or another Vehicle Properly Parked
- Protruding into the Line of Traffic
- Double Parking
Parking on Shoulder of Road (except where parking is indicated by official signs)
- Driving in Excess of Posted Speed Limits
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signs
- Failure to Obey Directions of Campus Security Officers
- Failure to Yield the Right of way at Pedestrian Crossings
- Following too Closely
- Driving under the Influence of Alcohol or Narcotics
- Operating a Vehicle Causing Loud and Unnecessary Noise Such as Loud Mufflers, Horns, Sound Systems, etc
- Failure to Yield Right of Way to Emergency Vehicles
- Failure of Two-wheeled Vehicles to Park in Areas Designated for them
- Operating or Parking a Vehicle in any Manner that Creates a Safety Hazard
- Leaving a Vehicle on College Premises Overnight without Notifying the Safety and Security Department
- Parking in a Place not Designated for Parking
Violations of Traffic Regulations
Violators will be charged $15.00 per violation.
For failure to comply with a lawful directive of any one charged with the responsibility of enforcement of the traffic regulations, and failure to pay parking fines owed may result in the following penalties:
- The college may prohibit a student from enrolling for classes for the next term.
- The college may withhold grades, transcript and deny graduation.