The User Name format is the lower-case initial of your first name, lower-case initial of your last name, and your student ID number. You must use all seven digits of your student ID number.
Student Default Password Format
Effective August 4, 2014
- First initial of your first name (Upper Case)
- First initial of your last name (Lower Case)
- Birthday (mmddyyyy)
Example: Jill Student
Date of Birth: September 23, 1993
The first time you log into “MyOTC”, you will be asked to accept the
computer use agreement and create a new password. The password
requirements are listed below.
- The password must be a minimum of 8 characters.
- It must contain characters from three of the following categories:
- Uppercase letters (A–Z)
- Lowercase letters (a–z)
- Numbers (0–9)
- Special characters (e.g. @, $, !)
- It cannot contain your first name, last name, or username.
- It cannot be any of the last 10 passwords you have used.
The following hints should help you create a safe password:
- Keep it to yourself.
- Be creative. For instance, use the first letter of each word in a phrase, or pick a word and substitute a number for certain letters: S2ccessf2l
- Call the IT Computer Help Desk at 417-447-7548
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Stop by the Student Help Desk located in the IC Atrium area
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: Opening dates, times and hours of availability are subject to change based on staff availability, student use and administrative requirements.