Office 365 Information
Consult the following Microsoft Office 365 FAQs for information about installation and deactivation.
What is Office 365?
Office 365 includes the 2016 version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote. This is a free install for personal devices – PC and Mac.
What do I need to do before installing Office 365?
Prior to installing Office 365, verify that no other licenses/trials of Microsoft Office are installed on your machine (most store-bought computers will come with a trial). If you have a version of Microsoft Office on your machine, navigate to the “Uninstall Program” area, locate the software and remove before the install.
How do I deactivate a previous install of Office 365 or move it to another computer?
1. Login to your Office 365 account at http://portal.office.com.
2. Under the heading “Install Office on more devices,” click the install link.
3. A screen showing your active subscriptions will show. Click “deactivate” next to each instance you want deactivated.
How do I get Office 365 for PC or Mac?
1. Visit https://portal.office.com.
2. To the right of the page, enter your OTC email address (full OTC email address – email@example.com) in the top box.
3. You will be directed to an OTC page. Enter your OTC password in the second box, and select “Sign in.”
4. When the “Install Office 2016 on your…” window opens, select “Install now.”
If installation assistance is needed for Office 365, the OTC PC Repair Clinic is available to work on personal equipment for a minimal fee. Contact information:
Location: Graff Hall 105
If you have questions, contact the OTC Computer Help Desk at 417-447-7548, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.