FORM 1098-T TUITION STATEMENT
OTC students may be eligible to claim an education tax credit for the 2019 tax year. IRS Form 1098-T shows information reported to the IRS regarding billing information from OTC for education expenses during 2019. To obtain information concerning how to claim education tax credits, see IRS Publication 970, and Form 8863. You may also contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or visit the website at http://www.irs.gov.
OTC students can receive their 1098-T Tuition statements online through myOTC. The electronic 1098-T statement will be available on myOTC for at least three years.
Follow these steps to access your 2019 1098-T Tuition Statement online:
- Log in to myOTC https://my.otc.edu/portal
- Select the Tax Information button on the main menu
- Click the 1098-T Information button
- Under “1098-T Statements,” select the document you wish to access
For computer access questions, please contact the OTC Helpdesk at 417-447-7548, or email email@example.com.
If you require a paper 1098-T statement, your paper 1098-T form will be postmarked no later than January 31, 2020.
If you choose to receive your 1098-T Statement by mail, please ensure that your current address is on file with OTC. You may update your address by logging in to myOTC and clicking on the User Options button in the sidebar, followed by the My Contact Information button. Under Addresses, click the Add New Address button. Enter your new address and click the Request Address Change button. Online address changes take up to 1 week for processing. Updating your address will enable timely delivery of your tax form, as the post office will not forward this document.
If you have additional questions regarding your 1098-T Tuition Statement, please contact:
Student Account Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 417-447-7429.
Explanation of Your IRS Form 1098-T Tuition Statement
- The IRS Form 1098-T is an information form filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
- The IRS Form 1098-T provided by OTC reports amounts billed to you for qualified tuition and related expenses as well as other related information.