1. How are refunds from OTC delivered to students?
Once you have received your OTC SmartCard in the mail, you will visit the BankMobile website to activate your refund preference. Once your refund preference is selected, funds are sent from OTC to BankMobile who then disburses them according to your selection. If you want the fastest access to your money, simply choose to have your refunds deposited directly into your BankMobile Vibe Account – an FDIC Insured checking account, a nearly fee-free student account. Please Note: In order to receive a refund it is required that you activate your refund preference as soon as your card arrives in the mail.
2. How do I get my OTC SmartCard?
By mail at your primary address on file with Ozarks Technical Community College.
3. I don’t think I will ever get a refund. Why is it important to select a refund preference?
Although you might not currently expect a refund from OTC, we may have a refund for you in the future. After all, it may be necessary to drop a class, a class may be cancelled, or you may simply receive a scholarship or assistance you were not anticipating. Selecting your preferred method to receive refunds from OTC ensures you’ll always receive your refunds in a timely manner.
4. What are my options for receiving my refunds?
1. ACH Transfer to a 3rd Party Bank
2. Refund to the BankMobile Vibe Account
5. What exactly is the BankMobile Vibe Account?
The BankMobile Vibe account is a fully functioning FDIC Insured nearly fee-free student account that allows you to access your financial aid refunds quicker and easier than ever before. The BankMobile Vibe account has no minimum balance, no monthly service fees as long as you are a current student, and free internet banking features. You may also use the OTC SmartCard to make purchases anywhere Debit MasterCard® is accepted and withdraw cash with no fees at Allpoint ATMs.
6. How will I know when my refund has been direct deposited to my BankMobile Vibe Account?
BankMobile will send an email to the address you entered during activation when your refund has been deposited to your BankMobile Vibe account. You can view the details of your account by accessing your statement online, or by signing up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone with Mobile Alerts.
7. Can I have my refund deposited to another bank account?
Yes. You may have your refund deposited to the bank of your choice. In order to do so, select electronic deposit to another account for your refund preference during the activation process and complete and return required third party form to BankMobile.
8. Besides refunds, why do I need an OTC SmartCard?
The OTC SmartCard is your official student ID which will be required in case you need assistance and we need to verify your identity.
9. What if I cannot visit OTC to have my picture taken?
You may qualify for a no-photo OTC SmartCard if all of the following apply:
- You are taking all your classes online.
- You are planning to have the OTC Bookstore deliver your textbooks by mail.
- You do not plan to use OTC facilities such as the Library, Testing Services, Tutoring & Learning Center, or Fitness Center.
- It would be considered a hardship for you to visit an OTC location to have your photo taken.
Click here to see the steps to apply.